Find out how Spotlight is supporting young people during the second lockdown
As we go into the second lockdown, Spotlight is here to support young people through these difficult times.
Spotlight will be open for pre-booked, face to face one-to-ones and group support sessions for young people age 11-19 (or up to 25 with SEND). We will also be doing more detached youth work outside during the lockdowns so keep an eye for our team out and about! Want to book a session? Contact your youth worker here.
More information about our online programme will be announced soon. Watch this space!
And if you are feeling worried or low about the second lockdown, you can book an appointment with our remote health service Health Spot.
For young people coming into the centres for these limited sessions, your safety is our highest priority. Read our new rules below before heading to one of our centres to find out what we are doing, and what you need to do, to keep everyone safe.
Before you arrive
- A face covering MUST be worn during sessions, unless you have a valid exemption or are doing physical exercise. Even with these exemptions, you will still be required to stay 2 metres apart. If you do not have a face covering, we will be supplying them at front desk.
- Stay at home if you’re advised to do so by NHS Test and Trace or if you or anyone in your household is experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (dry cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell).
Arriving at Spotlight
- Try to walk or cycle to the Spotlight centres rather than using public transport.
- Arrive at the time that the sessions you are attending starts.
- You will be asked if you or anyone in your household are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 when you arrive.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser before you enter one of the buildings. This will be provided at the entrance.
- Young people who are not members will be asked to do an online membership form.
QR code track and trace sign in system
When entering one of the Spotlight centres you will either be signed in manually by a staff member at front desk, or through our QR code system. If the building has the QR code system, everyone who enters and exists the building must scan in and out.
How the QR code system works:
- When entering or exiting one of the Spotlight building, scan the QR code found on a poster on the door. You can scan this through your phone camera.
- You will then be taken to the Poplar HARCA website.
- Enter your name and phone number when asked. If you have already entered your information it will remember you.
- When you exit the building scan the QR code to leave.
Safety around the building:
- Keep two metres apart wherever possible.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds every time you use the toilet, blow your nose, sneeze or cough.
- Don’t congregate in corridors.
- Only one person a time will be allowed in the lift and toilets.
- Listen to Spotlight staff and follow their guidance.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- Carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment and made sure staff members are briefed on the results.
- Controlling the number of young people in each space in the buildings.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at entrances.
- Anti-bacterial cleaning of surfaces, doors and door handles.
- Clear signage on social distancing
- Wearing face coverings