How to stay safe online
Your happiness and safety is very important to us…
Due to Covid-19 we’ve moved our programmes online.
We want to remind you of our internet safety policy, and rules for engaging with our social media platforms.
We also want to let you know what we are doing to help you keep safe online.
What you must do to keep safe online:
- Never give out your personal details online.
- Never share your location.
- Do not accept friend or follow requests from people you do not know and trust in real life, and if you are unsure, please talk to a trusted adult about this.
- Do not send pictures or videos of yourself or any other personal material to strangers online.
- Do not cause harm to others through your online activities. Be kind and respect each other.
- Tell a trusted adult if you come across anything on the Internet which makes you feel uncomfortable or if someone on the Internet or mobile phone behaves inappropriately, harasses or threatens you.
- Remember once you put something online it is there forever. Make sure you don’t post anything you wouldn’t be happy for your family, peers or future employers to see.
- Remember that the Internet is a ‘real world’ with real laws and consequences. Inappropriate or offensive behaviour could lead to prosecution.
- Be mindful that spending too much time online can be damaging to your mental health. Make sure to spend a good amount of time away from your phone or computer.
- People that do not follow the rules will be blocked from our socials and, if appropriate, reported.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
- We double check every piece of content and make sure it is appropriate for you.
- We regularly monitor our comments, messages and feedback and take swift action if there is any inappropriate activity.
- We are here if you need support with harassment, bullying or inappropriate behaviour online.
- Through our platforms we encourage you to engage in positive, creative, physical and inspirational activities.
- We will never use your internet handle without your permission.
- We will not tolerate inappropriate or unkind behaviour.
If you would like more information on online safety, please use the links below:
VPN Thrive Blog
If you have any questions, or would like more information about our online policies, please contact email@example.com